Strep A molecular test results
in 8 minutes or less
Alere™ i Strep A provides lab-accurate, molecular results in 8 minutes or less on the user-friendly Alere™ i platform. Alere™ i Strep A can be used with ease and confidence in the laboratory, emergency department, pediatrics or physician’s office; allowing you to treat accurately during the patient’s visit. Alere™ i Strep A is now CLIA-waived.
Alere™ i Strep A:
- Early call for positive results
- Gives you confidence to make appropriate clinical decisions sooner
- Allows for the accurate detection of Group A Strep
- Increased detection compared to culture1
- Molecular sensitivity in an actionable timeframe allows the prudent use of antibiotics
Alere™ i Strep A Performance vs. Culture1
a. Of the 6 samples negative by Alere™ i Strep A and positive by bacterial culture, 4 samples were also negative for Group A Strep by a laboratory developed real-time PCR assay.
b. Of the 18 samples positive by Alere™ i Strep A and negative by bacterial culture, 13 were also positive for Group A Strep by a laboratory developed real-time PCR assay.
Alere™ i Strep A is significantly faster than other molecular methods and more accurate2 than conventional rapid testing, giving you the confidence to make effective patient management decisions sooner.
The Alere™ i Strep A kit contains all components required to carry out an assay for Strep A on the Alere™ i instrument. It tests for the qualitative detection of Streptococcus pyogenes from bacterial nucleic acid in throat swab specimens.
NAT-000 Alere™ i Instrument
NAT-024 Alere™ i Instrument (US)
733-000 Alere™ i Strep A 24 Test Kit
733-080 Alere™ i Strep A Control Swab Kit
EQ001001 Alere™ i Barcode Scanner
55115 Alere™ Universal Printer
alereiprinter (US) Alere™ Universal Printer
- Alere™ i Strep A Package Insert
- Lean et al. Pediatrics 2014; Pub online Sep 8, 10.1542/peds.2014-1094
- Shulman, S.T., Bisno, A.L., Clegg, H.W., Gerber, M.A., Kaplan, E.L., Lee, G., Martin, J.M., Van Beneden, C. (2012) Clinical Practice Guideline for the Diagnosis and Management of Group A Streptococcal Pharyngitis: 2012 Update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America, Clin Infect Dis. Nov 15;55(10):1279-82.