The First Molecular Rapid Test to detect RSV in 13 minutes or less
Alere™ i RSV delivers molecular RSV results in 13 minutes or less on our unique Alere™ i platform. Traditional laboratory methods and rapid antigen testing for RSV diagnosis have considerable shortcomings in terms of turnaround time or performance.1,2 Alere™ i RSV allows you to make real-time clinical decisions which impact patient care.
Alere™ i RSV
- Now CLIA Waived
- Offers exceptional performance
- Early call for positive results
- Gives you the confidence to make clinical decisions sooner
- Eliminates interpretation and transcription errors
- Enables prompt initiation of infection control measures
- Facilitates effective patient management
- Small footprint enables ease of use in any healthcare setting
- Effective tool for Antimicrobial Stewardship initiatives
Sensitivity Comparison Chart
PCR used as reference method
*BD Veritor™: 76%, Quidel Sofia®: 77%
Rapid results in time to make a difference.
435-000 Alere™ i RSV 24 Test Kit
435-080 Alere™ i RSV Control Swab Kit
1. Prendegast, C. et al. Rapid Antigen-based Testing for Respiratory Syncytial Virus; Moving Diagnostics From Bench to Bedside? Future Microbiol, 2013;8(4):435-444.
2. Caliendo, A.M. et al. Better Tests, Better Care: Improved Diagnosis for Infectious Disease. Clin Infect Dis 2013;57(S3):S139-70.
10. Chartrand, C. et al. Diagnostic Accuracy of Rapid Antigen Detection Tests for Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. J Clin Microbiol. December 2015 vol. 53 no. 12 3738-3749.
11. Alere™ i RSV Product Insert