The First CLIA-Waived
Molecular Rapid Flu Test
The Alere™ i Influenza A & B test revolutionizes rapid flu testing by providing highly accurate, molecular results in less than 15 minutes on the user-friendly Alere™ i platform. A rapid, molecular flu result with Alere™ i Influenza A & B empowers you to transform patient care in any setting.
Alere™ i Influenza A & B
- Gives you confidence to make appropriate clinical decisions sooner
- Enables prompt initiation of infection control measures
- Aids targeted antiviral therapy and Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Allows you to respond quickly and accurately in any setting
- With a positive result, you can test and treat in a single patient visit
Alere™ i Influenza A & B vs. PCR1
PPA: Positive Percent Agreement
NPA: Negative Percent Agreement
Alere™ i Influenza A & B Performance vs. Culture1
a. Flu A nucleic acid was detected in 58/66 False Positive specimens using an FDA-cleared molecular test.
b. Flu A nucleic acid was not detected in 1/2 False Negative specimens using an FDA-cleared molecular test.
c. Flu B nucleic acid was detected in 15/17 False Positive specimens using an FDA-cleared molecular test.
d. Flu B nucleic acid was not detected in 4/6 False Negative specimens using an FDA-cleared molecular test.
A new level of confidence in test sensitivity²,³
Faster than other molecular methods
The Alere™ i Influenza A & B kit contains all components required to carry out an assay for influenza A and B on the Alere™ i instrument. It tests for the qualitative detection and differentiation of influenza A and influenza B from nasal swab samples and viral transport media.
NAT-000 Alere™ i Instrument
NAT-024 Alere™ i Instrument (US)
425-024 Alere™ i Influenza A & B 24 Test Kit (CPT: 87502 - US)
425-000 Alere™ i Influenza A & B 24 Test Kit
425-080 Alere™ i Influenza A & B Control Swab Kit
EQ001001 Alere™ i Barcode Scanner
55115 Alere™ Universal Printer
alereiprinter (US) Alere™ Universal Printer
- Alere™ i Influenza A & B Product Insert
- CDC Guidance for Clinicians on the Use of Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests 2014
- Mahony et al., Critical Reviews in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, 2011; 48(5-6): 217–249
- Williams, K.M., Jackson M.A., Hamilton M. (2002) Rapid Diagnostic Testing for URIs in Children: Impact on Physician Decision Making and Cost. Infect. Med. 19(3): 109-111.
- Bonner, A.B. et al. (2003) Impact of the Rapid Diagnosis of Influenza on Physician Decision-Making and Patient Management in the Pediatric Emergency Department: Results of a Randomized, Prospective, Controlled Trial. Pediatrics. Vol. 112 No. 2.